Good Morning Monday! Silence – that shit is golden.
Yep, it’s Monday again. And if you’ve been reading these weekly musings from me, you’ll know Monday is my favourite day of the week! Sounds crazy, I know. But hear me out. After busy BUSY weekends of sport, usually travelling somewhere, housework, laundry for days, grocery shopping, noise, yelling at kids to pick their shit up, Monday to me means blessed silence.
And I tell ya, that shit is golden. LOL
I love silence. When my house is quiet and still, and the coffee is hot, it’s like the best thing ever. For writing, anyway.
I’ve had a busy week with work. What I got done:
- Worked on second round and final round edits on Yanni’s Story.
- Sent Yanni’s Story to proofreaders.
- Worked on final round edits of Best of Both Worlds (the free story I haven’t exactly decided what to do with yet)
- Spent far too long on formatting Best of Both Worlds for Createspace, which worked fine. As did ePub and PDF, but Mobi keeps being an arse. In the end, I gave up. LOL I’ll get back to it one day…
- Sent Chasing Fire (my m/f omni story) off to an editor.
- Sent Elements of Retrofit (Thomas Elkin 1) to my editor for new edits and re-release.
- Sorted through some stock photos and stuff for new Thomas Elkin covers.
- Managed some words on my new WIP, which is now at 8K words.
- Bought another pre-made book cover. (I need to stop doing that LOL)
- Worked on/bought more swaggy stuff for GRL.
- And probably a bunch of other stuff I can’t remember right now.
What I want to get done this week:
- All the words on my WIP. ALL of them! LOL
- NOT buying any more pre-made covers. I think I need 12 step program LOL
And that’s it! That’s all I want to get done this week. I want to write, write, write! I’d really like to report back next week and say my WIP is now at 20K. It’s probably not likely, because I have so much other stuff that pops up every damn day, but I want ALL the words. And I know that writing books is only 50% writing (probably less, I suck at maths LOL) and all the other stuff has to be done, but damn. All the other stuff (like editing, marketing, promo, formatting, blah blah blah, just kills me. I’m trying to delegate more but that, like too many files on my computer, are a WIP 😉
Anyway, enough rambling from me. Until next week… <3
You must be logged in to post a comment.